My favorite city + my girl Christina + culinary delights + warmer weather than Chicago = a winning combo.
She just signed up and is putting the pressure on. We are in negotiations, but thus far she has promised me wine before and after the race, running in leopard print, and that she will visit Chicago. I have been looking at flights daily, and it looks promising.
2) Ahh, signing up for a FULL marathon is tempting me BIG time. I can’t get this race out of my head.
- close to Chicago
- I eventually want to run a marathon, WHY WAIT?
- support from friends/bloggers who are doing the race
- flat course
- cheese-themed (who doesn’t like cheese)
- I’ve heard this race is well organized
- inexpensive ($69)
- smaller race (capped at 4,100 runner)
- I can downgrade to the half if I chicken out
- BIRTHDAY weekend (I’ve always wanted to run 26.2 miles when I was 26 years old and this would be the last day to do it)
- I would have a really good excuse to go BIG for my birthday the following day
- I would have to run 26.2 miles
- training through the winter in Chicago (hello treadmill)
- gaining weight (vain, but true)
- Neglecting other aspects of my fitness
- I could go on a vacation for my birthday weekend that doesn’t involve running 4+ hours
- I’m scared/nervous/intimidated
- I would try to just train to finish, but I know I would but expectation on myself to finish with an “ideal time”
- I would spend my birthday (day after the marathon) in compression gear
- If something disastrous happens during the marathon, I could have a bad birthday
- If I really like it, I may have to run another one.
- I love my running right now and I don’t want to burn out
|October 6, 2013|
What’s your next race? I don’t have anything at the moment and it’s sad.
Any other pros or cons to consider with regards to the marathon?