First things first, I opened that C.Booth body butter and slathered it on my legs and ankles. I am a cold-weather newbie and my skin has been acting VERY STRANGE. This thick body butter was exactly what I needed.
Do you know that back part of your ankle? Well mine is straight up embarrassing. It has gotten so dry and neglected that it is actually resembling some sort of flaky amphibian. I got a glimpse of it poking out of my running socks and was horrified. Since that weird moment, I have been giving my skin a full on rub down after the shower using this C.Booth body butter. My regular lotion (that works like a charm in normal weather) was not cutting it and this thick cream seems to be the “heavy-duty” solution that I needed. Another plus? It smells amazing.
After the excitement of the cream (which lasted 2-3 days), I took a look at the rest of the items in the box.
- I really want to like Zevia since I use stevia as much as I can in my kitchen for coffee, cooking, and baking, but there is something a little weird tasting about these. I have tried 2-3 different flavors and the cola is one of the better ones. That being said, I do like to have low calorie carbonated drinks without aspartame, so I end up drinking these from time to time.
- The shampoo and conditioner won me over with the word “sleek”. I will definitely be taking these perfect travel sized bottles to Mauritius and putting them to the test. My hair is generally pretty straight, but in the heat and humidity, it does it’s own thing.
- I have heard mixed reviews about SoyJoy bars (this girl LOVES her some SoyJoy) and I’m excited to try them. I probably wouldn’t of purchased these on my own, but I will definitely give them a try and throw one in my bag for hangry (hungry +angry) situations. I like that we got two flavors to sample so my opinion is not based on one bar.
- The Jaali Bean lentil and rice meal looks delicious. Since I had to plan out my meals and workout this weekend for Elf for Health, I have put that on the menu for Tuesday night. I have yet to find something labeled “coconut curry” that I don’t like.
- The packaging of the Berry Plus laundry detergent is uber cool and compact. Another things that will be coming to Mauritius with me!
Have you tried Zevia or any other stevia sweetened sodas? What did you think? My favorite one I’ve tried is the Steaz sparkling green tea sodas.
How do you deal with dry skin in the winter? We also bought a humidifier and it has made a big difference.
Full disclosure: I received this box free from KLUTCHclub, but the review and opinions are honest and all my own. Links for KLUTCHclub in this post are referral links, and I will get partial compensation for sales.