I'm a terrible blogger. This is the KLUTCHclub January Box that I wanted to share in January, but never got around to it. Life happened and I got busy, and the post got hidden away of with the hundreds of other posts that I never publish/finish.
Now that I have worked my way through some of the products, I figured I would add my two cents, since I ended up really loving this box (you can still order this box unless it sells out).
My absolute favorite? The TurboFire Greatest HIITS! I had never heard of TurboFire, but now I want allthediscrightnow! This particular disc is a 20 minute workout that really gets your heart pumping and a 10 minute extended stretch. A couple weeks ago I wanted a quick workout, so I threw this in my laptop and did it in my office. It is so fun and dynamic and I'm itching for the full set (maybe after marathon training).
- Gin-Gins- had these before and love them! I like to keep a couple in the house for when I get a stomach ache. Ginger is awesome for upset stomachs.
- $20 giftcard for ProCompression- Love compression socks & love a deal.
- Eat Your Vegetables chips- I was skeptical of these because I haven't been a big fan of "veggie chips", but these taste like a cross between a corn chip and a potato chip and don't taste anything like vegetables. The texture actually reminded me of Doritos. I'm glad it was a snack size bag, because I could of done work on these.
I know it seems off the wall, but I'm really curious about the free session for the weight loss hypnosis. This is something I wouldn't actively seek out, but I am definitely going to give it a try since I have a free session to try.
February's KLUTCHclub box is all about Immunity.
I haven't tried any of the products (I got it in the midst of my new eating plan), but I have some initial thoughts.
- I have seen Chia drinks popping up all over, but have yet to try them. After reading Born to Run, and understanding the importance of chia seeds for endurance and hydration in running, I have sporadically added chia seeds to my diet. I'm planning on trying this drink before a long run and seeing if it gives me an added boost. I also really liked that this drink had sensible stats and only 4g of sugar.
- Fig Newtons totally remind me of road trips with my mom. Sometimes we would get the healthy ones from the bulk bins at the health food store, but sometimes we would get the real deal. There is something really familiar about that texture and the crunchy fig seeds in the filling. These Nature's Bakery bars seem like a grown-up version with added portion control. The bars are 110 calories, vegan, and certified GMO-free. I got an apple cinnamon flavor in my box, but I looked on their website and have my eye on the vanilla fig! swoon...
- The flavored Vitaperk instant coffee packets are something I wouldn't think to buy, but I know I will get excellent use out of. Instant coffee is great for adding flavor to protein shakes, oatmeal, and baked goods. On top of that, these are perfect for traveling. Not sure if your hotel has coffee (or maybe you wake up before coffee is served)? Staying with friends that don't have coffee (yep, I have these)? Pack these for caffeine emergencies.
- Clean Well. Since I'm on a misson to eliminate harmful chemicals from our house, this is a great chance to try something new without committing to a whole container. I recently bought a natural dish soap that I am not loving and I wish I had a chance to sample it before buying the full size. I was also VERY impressed when I looked up the Clean Well wipes on the EWG database.
I have a couple friends that get cosmetic/beauty monthly subscription boxes and I have yet to get on that train. My personal favorite is the gifts bags that you get from Beauty.com. They run a promotion periodically where you get a super-primo-deluxe "gift with purchase" that is AMAZING. Here are the ones I've gotten:
The bags are always super cute (they partner up with designers) and you get so many samples, including some very large sizes. Keep an eye out and jump on it when they come up. I can always seem to find something on Beauty.com that I need to reach the threshold to get the gift.
In addition to the monthly themed boxes, KLUTCHclub* also does a "best of box". The contents slightly vary, but HERE is a peak at what kind of stuff you get in that box.
Have you tried chia seeds in foods? Drinks? Favorite way to enjoy them? I typically use them in oatmeal or on a smoothie...not very creative.
Any snack food remind you of your childhood? We also used to get these cheesy herb rolls from the Co-op (my parents were ahead of the times with healthy eating) and I can completely remember the taste.*Full disclosure: I received this box free from KLUTCHclub, but the review and opinions are honest and all my own. Links for KLUTCHclub in this post are referral links, and I will get partial compensation for sales.