The last three weeks, my Sunday mornings have been spend getting my butt handed to me at SHRED415 (and I love it).
I have been needing something like this. SHRED415 is a high intensity, full body workout and there is three locations throughout Chicago. The Old Town one is closest to me (not really that close) and it is within walking distance from the Clark/Division red line stop.
There is one studio and it has a row of treadmills (Woodway!) and a kitted out floor workout area. The class is split up into two groups and you switch between intervals on the treadmill and strength training on the floor. I have been 3 classes and each time the time slots were 15 minutes, but I asked the instructor and apparently they also do different ones (10 minutes?).
The strength training portion on the floor packs a huge variety of movements and exercises, all done for intervals of 30-60 seconds. During my classes, we utilized free weights, body weight exercises, plyometrics, and targeted exercises using small weighted balls and Bosus. Again, all you have to do is listen to the verbal cues from the instructor and select the weight and/or modification to make it challenging.
What I love about SHRED415:
- The workout is awesome. In 60 minutes you get your cardio and your strength training and it is INTENSE.
- You don't have to think about anything. Just come and do what the instructor says.
- You are in charge of pushing yourself
- The low lighting and the awesome music
- The motivating instructors
- The woodway treadmills
What Needs Work at SHRED415:
- Their scheduling. Something is wrong here. Every single class is booked solid and you have to be on the waiting list. Then when I get to class, there always seems to be empty spots. I am considering buying a monthly membership, but I don't know if I will get into any classes. How am I supposed to shell out $145 for 30 days if I don't know if I can get into any classes? Waitlists are okay, but I still would prefer to have a solid booking once in a while instead of always hoping someone else will cancel. I saw other complaints on Yelp, so I know I'm not the only one that thinks this is an issue.
Have you tried Shred415 or something similar? I did something very similar called SWEAT1000 when I was getting ready for my wedding.
What other workout do I need to try?